The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Scholarship program is designed to recognize outstanding undergraduate or Master’s students in the areas of computer science and related areas from across the world. We aim to provide students additional resources and freedom to pursue their future careers in academia and across the industry.
The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Scholarship consists of:
- A $10,000 scholarship award (the “Scholarship”)
- An offer for a full-time paid internship on the Research team at Snap Inc. for either the Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 term (the “Internship”)
Applicants must be undergraduate or Master’s students studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related major. A committee of Snap Inc. researchers will review applicants and choose the Scholarship and Internship recipients based on: the quality of their academic performance in technical coursework, the depth of relevant research experience and extracurricular achievements, their ability to solve tough technical challenges, their ability to apply technical concepts to real-world problems, and their understanding of how research initiatives could contribute to future innovation at Snap Inc.
All Scholarship recipients will be selected, and Internship offers will be made, at the sole discretion of the committee. Students may be invited for phone interviews after the initial review of the application.
In order to be considered for the 2017 Snap Inc. Research Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or Master’s student at a college or university in the United States for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must remain an active, full-time undergraduate or Master’s student for the full duration of 2018
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must not be an employee, officer, or director of Snap Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, or agents, nor an immediate family member of any such individual (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) or those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not)
How to Apply
The 2017 Snap Inc. Research Scholarship program application period begins on September 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Pacific Time and ends on October 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. All references must complete the survey and submit letters of recommendation (see below) by November 15, 2017 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. Scholarship recipients and Internship offers will be publicly announced by December 15th, 2017.
Applications must include:
- Two pages of personal statement highlighting academic achievement and personal interests for future career
- Two to three references from academia or industry familiar with the student’s work. Please send each reference this survey to be completed by November 15, 2017.
- A CV or resume
- An academic transcript including both undergraduate and graduate studies (for master applicants)
- Optional: Link to github profile or any sample code licensed under Open Source
Snap Inc. reserves its sole discretion in how applications will be reviewed. Among other things, incomplete applications cannot be considered, and notifications of incompleteness will not be made.
Due to the volume of submissions, Snap Inc. cannot provide individual feedback on applications that are not selected for Scholarship awards or internship offers.
For additional information or questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Service
Other Terms & Policies
At Snap Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.